Wednesday, June 8, 2011

But what if it's Jesus and I walk away?

Lately the Lord has been convicting me that I need to be involved in more ministries. In the past I've been self absorbed and self focused saying that I would be more involved when I got to "that season of life" where I had the time and finances to do such things. Surely the Lord understands that, right?
God wasn't going to let me get by with it. The first lesson was instant obedience. No bargaining or reasoning. He says it, I do it.
This last week I felt like He showed me this lesson very clearly once again. I was browsing the profiles of children that were awaiting sponsors. For me that is an experience. I like to take my time, look at all the cute kiddos and pick out one that I want to sponsor. I was going to postpone my decision, but when I got to the last page of my search there was one child left. His name was Jesus. Suddenly my mind went back to a song that says, "but what if it's Jesus, and I walk away." All of the sudden I was reminded that these aren't just children, they are God's children and to Him taking care of these children are like taking care of Jesus.
It's so easy to say I don't want to be involved now or I'll do it later when I have more money. But would you do it if it was Jesus? What if this child was Jesus.... would you just walk away?

1 comment:

Excelsior said...

How funny you should mention that because I am going to do the same thing too! :D