Saturday, May 19, 2012

Do Not Be Weary In Prayer

I remember way back in the day when I was a little kid riding on my grandpa's shoulders. Those were the days when I didn't have a care in the world. Later we would go camping at Lassen - the campground that enthralled me, but nobody else in my family likes. On my birthday he let me drive his boat across Eagle Lake and we would fish. If something needed to be made, he could make it. If something needed to be fixed, he could fix it.
There was just one thing. My Grandpa Ken didn't love Jesus.
I remember praying for Grandpa Ken. I remember Parkinson's Disease weakening him, his heart failing and him being diagnosed with cancer. Time was short.
But that's not the end of the story. The end of the story is that my Grandpa Ken repented at the "eleventh hour". Even though he was weak and losing his ability to think clearly, he would talk about Jesus.
Tonight there's somebody else that weighs heavy on my heart. I don't know whether God will save her. But I do know that we can not become weary in well doing. We can't grow weak in prayer. We must continue to spend our days on our knees. And I know that what He does all things well.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting, Leah. It was a great reminder!