Friday, December 9, 2011

Unending Love

Every once in awhile I sit down and write a letter to my Hubby Love. And as the waiting days have grown longer the letters have become more and more frequent. They've been longer and they've been filled with more longing, more love and more hope.
It seems that the expectation of his arrival has been a catalyst for hope and excitement. Which seems rather amusing since I don't even know who he is or even if I've met him yet. But I know that each day that passes... is a day closer to him. And as I wait for him, I have a love that doesn't end but continues to wait and pray for him. I pray for him a lot. The absence isn't easy on me, but I'm sure it's not easier on him.
Deep down inside, there are feelings. Feelings of love, anticipation, hope, and fervency. And each day it grows. Each day it's stronger.
And that's how we need to be with Jesus. We need to have in our hearts a growing passion and longing. That each day that passes is a day closer to the day we'll see His face. Our hearts should be in joyful anticipation that soon I WILL BE THERE. That the waiting days will be over and we will be face to face!
But is that the case? Or might the heart ties be weak and the passion failing? Sure, we want Heaven and Jesus in the end, but is that worth absolutely anything? Is that the overwhelming passion?
Because it should be. We shouldn't be tied in any way to things of this earth. The surpassing joy of being in His presence should be our growing delight and hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful. I've been feeling the same way for awhile now. I love how you tied it to how our longings for Christ's return should be. Thank you